Granite Countertops in Peoria
Here at XLT Construction Inc., we take a personalized approach for every Peoria job that we do. While remolding any part of your home can be an unnecessary (and sometimes messy) source of stress, we guarantee that our team - comprised of the most knowledgeable and skilled technicians in the Peoria area - will get the job done, on time, while always keeping your budget in mind.
The Benefits of Granite Counter Tops
When it comes to remodelling your kitchen or your bathroom, our decade and a half of experience guarantees that we are your go-to experts for all your remodelling needs. After some time spent in the industry, we have come to understand that granite is an excellent material for countertops. For your Peoria bathroom or kitchen – or any room in your home for that matter, we believe that granite is the best material to use. Here are a few reasons why:
- It is sanitary: Granite countertops are non-porous, which means that they do not do not spread bacteria easily. Granite is also very easy to clean. Bacteria and messes are easily removed with the wipe of a cloth and a sufficient non-abrasive cleaning product.
- It resists stains and scratches: Once installed, granite countertops are stain resistant. Since granite is made from heat and pressure, placing hot items such as pots or pans, or cutting on granite will almost never damage the surface (if anything, granite will dull your knives).
- Adds value to your home: Granite, is noted for its beauty. After using a variety of materials throughout the Peoria area, we’ve noticed that granite adds the most value in comparison to all other options available. Granite’s physicality, depth, color, and character are an emboldening addition to your kitchen or bathroom. Granite, once sealed, will also never fade; maintaining all of the distinctive colors and texture that make granite such a sought-after product.
How to Properly Care for Granite Countertops
Once installed, there are variety of steps that you can take to ensure that your granite countertop stays looking, and feeling pristine. Here are a few basic steps to watch out for every day:
- Avoid using cleaning products with any kind of acid or abrasive; they may cause de-colorations or scratches. When washing granite, make sure to use a clean, wet cloth with warm water and a few drops of dish detergent.
- Do not stand, kneel down, or sit on your countertops. While granite does not crack or break easily, it’s best not to put undue stress on the material.
- Do not leave hot pots or pans directly on the countertop for an extended amount of time. Though granite is heat resistant, there is the possibility that leaving something very hot on it may cause discoloration (mainly in dark granites) and/or cracking. It is best to use a protective barrier between any hot object on granite, such as a trivet or a mat.
Granite Countertop Installation Services
If you are thinking about remodeling your kitchen or bathroom or if you just want a fantastic new countertop, then give XLT Construction Inc. a call. We look forward to hearing from you